Tuesday, Nov 21, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S4 E5: Unleashing the Potential of Technology in Value-Based Care
In value-based care, technology is the catalyst, but success requires management and aligned incentives for better, cost-effective care.
In today's episode, Jean-Claude Sagbini, a leading expert in technology and engineering for population health management at Lumeris shares the foundational role of technology in succeeding in value-based care within healthcare. Jean-Claude underscores the importance of understanding the populations and individual patients being served, which requires access to diverse, often unstructured healthcare data. He explores the vital role technology plays in value-based care and how it enables healthcare providers to understand and serve their patient populations effectively. Jean-Claude highlights the challenges of accessing and aggregating vast amounts of healthcare data and the transformative insights that can be derived from this data through machine learning and AI. He discusses Lumeris' approach to using generative AI, keeping physicians at the forefront, and implementing necessary guardrails to ensure quality outcomes. Furthermore, he explores the future of primary care and how AI-powered solutions can revolutionize the way healthcare services are delivered.
Join us as we discuss the vital role of technology in value-based care, the use of generative AI, and the future of AI-powered primary care.
About Jean-Claude Saghbini:
Jean-Claude Saghbini leads technology and engineering for population health management at Lumeris to improve outcomes and reduce care variability and costs in value-based care. With more than fifteen years of experience in healthcare, Jean-Claude is passionate about forging the seamless integration of technology into clinical workflows. Prior to joining Lumeris Jean-Claude led AI innovation, clinical decision support, and patient engagement solutions as CTO of Wolters Kluwer Health, and was the General Manager and CTO at Cardinal Health, developing ground-breaking RFID solutions for tracking medical devices and integrating into clinical workflows to increase patient safety, accuracy of clinical documentation and operational efficiencies, and was the CTO of WaveMark, a Boston-area healthcare startup acquired by Cardinal Health in 2013. Jean-Claude received a Master of Science degree in Engineering and Management from the MIT Sloan School of Management. He also holds a Master of Science degree from MIT and a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth. Jean-Claude holds multiple patents in healthcare technology and serves as a member of various boards.
Things You’ll Learn:
- Technology is the foundation of value-based care. In order to succeed in value-based care, healthcare organizations need access to vast amounts of data and the ability to derive actionable insights from it.
- Technology plays a central role in aggregating, normalizing, and analyzing this data to improve quality and reduce costs.
- Generative AI, the latest frontier in AI technology, has the potential to revolutionize care delivery. From automating routine tasks to understanding messy data and extracting meaningful insights, generative AI can empower healthcare professionals to make faster and more informed decisions.
- While the benefits of AI are promising, it's crucial to have appropriate Guardrails in place to ensure quality and safety.
- Organizations must keep physicians and clinicians in the driver's seat while leveraging AI to automate tasks, improve efficiency, and enhance patient satisfaction.
Jean-Claude SaghbiniPresident, Value-based Care Enablement, Lumeris
You May Also Enjoy