Thursday, Nov 9, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S4 E2: Powering Next Generation Behavioral Health Care
Learn how Evernorth Health Services and Alma are empowering providers to deliver high quality care and demonstrate successful outcomes.
In this episode, Melissa Reilly, the Evernorth Chief Strategy Officer of Behavioral Health, Douglas Nemecek, the Evernorth Chief Medical Officer of Behavioral Health, and Dr. Harry Ritter, founder and CEO of Alma, share how they are transforming the behavioral health landscape. Harry shares how his team assists behavioral health clinicians in providing modern care by offering technology and infrastructure. They are centered around supporting and empowering providers in the mental health sector, who have traditionally operated independently. Through technology and their service platform, Alma fosters a sense of community, enabling these providers to participate in the modern healthcare system, collaborate with partners like Evernorth, and deliver affordable, high-quality care. Doug and Melissa discuss how they are focused on improving access to high-quality behavioral healthcare by simplifying the complex behavioral health journey for individuals, making it easy for them to receive the care they need. They use data from various sources, including medical, behavioral, and pharmacy information, to help people access the right care. Harry, Doug, and Melissa shed light on the importance of measurement in providing behavioral care. They discuss how measurement-based care strategies help strengthen and optimize patient care and foster collaboration with provider groups like Alma.
Stay tuned for an enlightening conversation with these remarkable guests as they share their insights and experiences in revolutionizing the behavioral healthcare landscape.
About Melissa Reilly:
Melissa Reilly, a change-making behavioral healthcare executive, currently serves as Evernorth’s Chief Strategy Officer of Behavioral Health, where she has spearheaded its strategy and business development initiatives since 2021. Melissa is passionate about removing barriers and using technology to improve the member experience.
About Doug Nemecek:
Dr. Doug Nemecek is a psychiatrist and Evernorth’s Chief Medical Officer of Behavioral Health, overseeing health quality, integration, and clinical operations. Doug is passionate about and focused on making sure that all of Evernorth’s members are able to get timely access to high-quality, evidence-based behavioral healthcare.
About Harry Ritter:
Dr. Harry Ritter is the Founder and CEO of Alma, a company on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. Prior to founding Alma, Harry was the Vice President of Care Delivery at Oscar Health where he built out their flagship primary care and wellness center.
Things You’ll Learn:
- Collaboration is key: By bringing together providers and leveraging technology, we can build a community of practice that supports and empowers healthcare providers. This empowers them to deliver affordable, high-quality care and have a maximum impact on patients’ lives.
- Evernorth is dedicated to simplifying the complex behavioral health journey for people.
- Leveraging data and strategic partnerships, Evernorth aims to ensure that everyone has access to high-quality care, ultimately improving individuals’ functioning at home, work, and in their communities.
- In order to strengthen and optimize care, measurement-based care is essential.
- By using data and aligning with providers like Alma, Evernorth aims to co-create interventions that focus on quality outcomes for patients, providers, and the healthcare system as a whole.
Dr. Harry RitterFounder and CEO, Alma
Melissa ReillyChief Strategy Officer, Evernorth
Doug NemecekChief Medical Officer, Evernorth
You May Also Enjoy