Tuesday, Jun 27, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S3 Ep51: Telehealth Taking Care Delivery By Storm—featuring Ron Emerson
Telehealth allows many providers to give access and care to patients regardless of where they are.
Zoom has changed care delivery worldwide in less than three years. Ron Emerson, their Global Healthcare Lead, talks about how they are doing it by embracing telehealth capacities within their multipurpose platform. Not only is Zoom the leading telemedicine communication tool in the United States, but it is also working to offer organizations different, hybrid, more efficient models of work and care delivery when appropriate. Ron explains how the digital-first hybrid models work and why the decentralization of care is becoming a hot trend in the industry. He also discusses how using telemedicine impacts on-site operations and why changing the incentivization system from a fee-for-service to a value-based one can pave the way for future digital innovations.
Learn how Zoom uses telehealth and virtual tools to improve healthcare accessibility and equity!
About Ron Emerson:
Ron Emerson RN BSN is the Global Healthcare Lead at Zoom. He is a former member of the board of Directors for the American Telemedicine Association and Chair of the Industry Council. He has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry having worked on a number of Telemedicine programs in 46 countries. He is recognized as a thought leader in Telehealth, having developed a variety of innovative telehealth applications, and consulted on telehealth deployments worldwide. He also held the position of Executive Director for a large telemedicine operation in the United States, where he was responsible for the efficient provision of services to 350 sites. Mr. Emerson was the previous recipient of the American Telemedicine Association Industry Council Award for his leadership in the advancement of Telehealth.
Things You’ll Learn:
- From 1960 to 2010, the cost of healthcare in the United States increased five times what the gross domestic product.
- Zoom grew from 10 million daily participants to 300 million in three years since the COVID-19 pandemic began, becoming the market share leader in the US for telemedicine.
- In 2020 there were about 450 million telemedicine visits in the United States.
- During 2020, the largest centers of care held up to 90% of their visits virtually, which many patients came to like and still choose nowadays.
- Zoom holds an annual conference called Zoomtopia, where they bring together thought leaders and announce big announcements.
- A hospital's revenue comes in whenever a patient walks through their doors, a concept that is the basis of most incentivization systems around health systems.
Ron EmersonGlobal Healthcare Solutions Lead, Zoom
You May Also Enjoy