Thursday, May 25, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S3 Ep42: Driving Innovation with Open Collaboration—featuring Peter Micca, Navid Farzad, and Marcus Osborne
Collaboration moves forward transformative innovations that impact the healthcare industry.
In this episode, Peter Micca, National Health Tech leader at Deloitte & Touche LLP, Navid Farzad, partner with Frist Cressey Ventures, and Marcus Osborne, CEO at RightMove Health, talk about how well-funded companies can make an impact on the lives of patients and clinicians by supporting, partnering, and collaborating with emerging innovative healthcare companies. There is a lot of people-centric innovation happening within companies that traditional market participants can drive to fruition, but there are better approaches to do so than an acquisition. Peter, Navid, and Marcus share their take on today’s collaborative mindset as an alternative that creates a deep relationship between parties that allows the bigger one to get full benefit while enabling resources and connections for the other, ensuring the development, implementation, and scaling of the innovation. They discuss why innovation doesn’t limit itself to technology but culture, vocabulary, and, most importantly, people-centeredness.
Tune in and learn from three healthcare leaders about the power of innovation partnerships!
About Peter Micca:
Peter Micca is an Audit & Assurance Partner and National Health Tech leader at Deloitte & Touche LLP. He has 30 years of experience serving a broad array of clients in all sectors of the healthcare, technology, and life sciences industries. He has significant experience with health technology organizations, software as a service (SaaS) organizations, pharmacy benefit management, clinical and diagnostic operations, emerging growth, as well as private equity–financed organizations in life sciences and health technology and services. Micca applies a deep knowledge of industry sector business issues regarding the emerging trends surrounding consumerism, convergence, cost considerations, regulatory and compliance issues, and consolidation.
About Navid Farzad:
Navid is a partner with Frist Cressey Ventures. Prior to joining FCV in 2019, he worked with Morgan Noble, an investment firm that focuses exclusively on companies determined to change the future of healthcare. Before Morgan Noble, he was with Enhanced Equity Funds, a healthcare-focused private equity firm based in New York, and has also previously held positions with Lehman Brothers’ healthcare investment banking division, Ernst & Young’s Transaction Advisory group, and Arthur Andersen’s healthcare practice.
Navid has also served as the Chief Strategy Officer of Continuum Health, a physician enablement company providing practice management and population health services to medical groups. He has been an investor and/or served on the board of directors of Mindoula Health, Continuum Health, Captify Health, Privia Health, and Trusted Health Plans.
He holds an MBA from the NYU Stern School of Business and a Bachelor of Arts from Loyola University.
About Marcus Osborne:
Marcus Osborne is the Chief Executive Officer at RightMove Health. He is a leader in healthcare, having served in many positions that include almost 15 years at Walmart, where his last role was senior vice president of Walmart Health. He also served on the board of many companies, including Health Here, ZealCare, WebPT, and many others. Marcus got his Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Government from Transylvania University and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Harvard.
Things You’ll Learn:
- Digital health can only be successful with brick-and-mortar knowledge and the legacy of delivery systems.
- Collaboration can’t be inconsistent and variable, as it needs to have a defined process that can be reproduced.
- Companies that attempt to control another’s innovation get less of its benefit.
- Technology, people, and physician-empowering solutions are the future of health.
- When collaborating, the two parties should be able to bring their best selves to the table.
- Companies should act more and take risks with innovations, as even the things that don't work bring lessons to move forward.
- Connect with and follow Peter Micca on LinkedIn.
- Connect with and follow Navid Farzad on LinkedIn.
- Connect with and follow Marcus Osborne on LinkedIn.
- Follow Deloitte on LinkedIn.
- Discover the Deloitte Website!
- Read this paper from Deloitte about Reimagining Innovation Systems in Healthcare.
- Follow Frist Cressey Ventures on LinkedIn!
- Explore the Frist Cressey Ventures Website!
- Follow RightMove Health on LinkedIn.
- Visit the RightMove Health Website!
Navid FarzadPartner, Frist Cressey Ventures
Marcus OsborneChief Executive Officer, RightMove
Peter MiccaNational Health Tech Leader, DELOITTE
You May Also Enjoy