Tuesday, May 23, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S3 Ep41: Preventing the Preventable: Let’s talk about Mental Health—featuring Dale Cook
Mental Health is a global issue that has to be addressed before preventable situations occur.
In this episode, Dale Cook talks about helping people with their mental health through several on-demand, high-quality, digitally accessible offers and programs from Learn to Live, the company he co-founded and is CEO of. Dale explains the partnerships they’ve established with different stakeholders to reach patients in need and breaks down the three different services they have: self-directed digital cognitive behavioral therapy programs, live clinician coaching, and psychometric assessments. He shares that Learn to Live has measurable outcomes and overcomes the significant barriers to mental health treatments: cultural stigma, lack of access, and high costs.
Tune in and learn how Learn to Live is viable for accessible digital mental healthcare!
About Dale Cook:
Dale is an expert in digital mental health. As co-founder and CEO of Learn to Live, he's part of a member-focused mental healthcare company that provides online programs and 24/7 clinician coaching to empower people to improve their mental health. Learn to Live serves over 33 million people through health plans, employers, and universities across the country.
Dale has been recognized for his innovative approaches to healthcare as a recipient of the (Real) Power 50 award and the Business Leader in Healthcare: Startup award. Dale has been featured in various local and national publications, including Forbes, The Observer, National Public Radio, O, The Oprah Magazine, and others. Dale provides a welcome and inspiring voice around mental health and the importance of driving engagement with digital healthcare solutions for at-risk populations.
He is an active member of multiple healthcare entrepreneur groups focused on improving healthcare at the state and federal levels and is a member of the Governor’s Taskforce on Broadband in Minnesota, which seeks to ensure quality broadband access for all Minnesotans. Dale is also a Fellow of the fifth class of the Health Innovators Fellowship at the Aspen Institute and a member of the Aspen Global Leadership Network.
Things You’ll Learn:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy programs have been studied for over two decades, and research shows that, when done correctly, digital CBT can be as effective as face-to-face CBT.
- Some necessary psychometric assessments are the PHQ-9 for depression, the GAD-7 for general anxiety, and the SPIN for social anxiety.
- Almost half of the people in the United States will suffer from a mental health problem at any point in their lives, but only one in four will seek care.
- Currently, teen mental health is one of the most important and talked about issues in this space.
- More than half of the counties in the US don't have a mental healthcare practitioner.
Dale CookCo-Founder and CEO, Learn to Live, Inc.
You May Also Enjoy