Tuesday, May 16, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S3 Ep39: Digital Tools for a Change in the Industry—featuring Ali Parsa
Healthcare should be about something other than waiting until someone is ill.
In this episode, Ali Parsa, founder and CEO of Babylon, talks about why it’s essential to change healthcare’s traditional approach and its structure with the help of digital tools to make it more accessible, affordable, and scalable. With today’s analytics technology, humans can collect data from patients and analyze it in real-time to intervene whenever an alert is triggered, which would help them manage their health proactively and, in turn, have better outcomes and lower costs. Ali believes structural problems in healthcare can be solved with today’s technology to shift the industry’s focus from sick care to wellness. He also shares his take on the current capital and investment climate and encourages entrepreneurs to think about where healthcare should go next.
Tune in to learn more about how Dr. Ali Parsa and Babylon are working to change healthcare for every person on earth!
About Ali Parsa:
Dr Ali Parsa is a British-Iranian healthcare entrepreneur and engineer. He’s the founder and CEO of Babylon, the revolutionary artificial intelligence and digital health company. Babylon’s mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on Earth.
By combining cutting-edge AI technology and the best available medical expertise, Babylon gives people 24/7 access to affordable, holistic health services. The company is home to a large, passionate team of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers—all recruited from over 60 different countries. With over 3 million users, Babylon is transforming the way healthcare works across Europe, North America, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
Before Babylon, Dr. Parsa created Circle, which became Europe's largest partnership of clinicians, with some £200m of revenue, 3,000 employees, and a successful IPO. The Independent Healthcare Awards presented Dr. Parsa with an Entrepreneurial Achievement award for establishing Circle. He was given the Royal Award for the Young Entrepreneur of the Year for founding his first business, V&G.
More recently, Dr. Parsa was listed in The Times 100 people to watch. The Health ServiceJournal recognized him as one of the ‘50 most influential people in UK healthcare. He was featured in the Maserati 100, a list that recognizes game-changing entrepreneurs who are disrupting the world of business. Dr. Parsa also won the CEO Award by Finance Monthly and ACQ5's UK Game Changer of the Year. He is a UK Cabinet Office Ambassador for Mutuals and has a Ph.D. in Engineering Physics.
Things You’ll Learn:
- Babylon's mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth by combining AI technology and medical expertise to provide accessible and affordable holistic health services.
- Healthcare should be about continuously collecting data, analyzing it in real time, and intervening early when possible.
- AI and data analytics can help improve the healthcare system by predicting patterns and automating menial tasks.
- There is almost nothing that your body doesn't send a signal on.
- One of healthcare entrepreneurs' most significant challenges is the need for more capital and investment.
- Knowledge doubles every 2-3 years, so leaders should look to the future more.
Ali Parsa PhDCEO/ Founder, Babylon Health
You May Also Enjoy