Thursday, Apr 27, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S3 Ep34: Why Women Distrust the Healthcare System—featuring Carolyn Witte
50% of women distrust the healthcare system in the US. Yet women make up 51% of the population and control 80% of the healthcare dollars.
So, what does it look like to build trust with women in a healthcare setting?
Carolyn Witte is Cofounder and CEO of Tia, the modern medical home for women. Carolyn’s team is dedicated to treating women holistically rather than by body part or life stage.
Tia's Whole Woman, Whole Life care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively.
On this episode of HLTH Matters, Carolyn joins hosts Dr. Jessica Shepherd, Dr. Gautam Gulati and Dr. Jordan Shlain to discuss how Tia was created out of her frustration as a patient and describe the company’s evolution from the Google for women’s health to care delivery platform.
Carolyn explains how point solutions exacerbate the fragmentation of healthcare for women and what Tia is doing to serve the whole woman, addressing her physical, mental and reproductive health.
Listen in to understand how Tia builds trust by listening to what real women want and learn what Carolyn’s team does to make women feel seen, heard and cared for.
- How Tia was created out of Carolyn’s frustration as a patient
- Tia’s evolution from the Google for women’s health to care delivery platform
- Why 50% of women distrust the healthcare system and why it matters
- Carolyn’s take on the politicization of women’s health
- How point solutions exacerbate the fragmentation of healthcare for women
- How Tia serves the whole woman within the framework of health insurance coding and reimbursements
- The biggest users of virtual care (on Tia and among the general population)
- How Tia is supporting women in a post-Dobbs world
- The obstacles Tia faces in terms of reproductive health restrictions, regulations and investment in women’s health
- What Tia does to make women feel seen, heard and cared for
- Carolyn’s dream to give every woman access to Tia-style care
- How Tia builds trust by listening to what real women want
Connect with Carolyn Witte
Connect with Dr. Jessica Shepherd, Dr. Gautam Gulati & Dr. Jordan Shlain
Dr. Shepherd on Twitter
Dr. Shepherd on LinkedIn
Dr. Gulati on Twitter
Dr. Gulati on LinkedIn
Dr. Shlain on Twitter
Dr. Shlain on LinkedIn
Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization
Tim Urban’s Life Calendar
Carolyn WitteCEO and Co-Founder, Tia
You May Also Enjoy