Thursday, Apr 13, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S3 Ep30: Solving for the Disparity in Cancer Outcomes—featuring Feyi Olopade Ayodele
For most cancers, Black Americans have the highest death rate and shortest survival of any patient population.
And access to genetic testing is key to eliminating this disparity.
Feyi Olopade Ayodele is Cofounder and CEO of CancerIQ, a company on a bold mission to end cancer as we know it by giving providers and health systems access to the latest innovations in early cancer detection and prevention.
Under Feyi’s leadership, CancerIQ has grown its provider network to over 200 locations across the US and established a robust ecosystem of leading diagnostic and genomic testing vendors.
On this episode of HLTH Matters, Feyi joins host Dr. Jessica Shepherd to explain how she built CancerIQ to solve for the disparity in access to genetic testing by making it part of everyone’s primary care visit.
Feyi describes how CancerIQ helps patients initiate conversations around cancer prevention with their providers and gives providers the right precision prevention program for each patient.
Listen in for Feyi’s insight on the emotional journey associated with a cancer diagnosis and learn how CancerIQ is helping African American and rural patient populations prevent cancer or detect it in its earliest stages.
- Disparities in breast cancer outcomes between Black women and other patient populations
- Why Feyi built CancerIQ to solve for the disparity in access to genetic testing
- How CancerIQ makes it easy for providers to navigate patients to the right precision cancer prevention program
- Why Feyi encourages primary genetic care vs. specialty genetic care
- How CancerIQ helps patients initiate conversations on cancer prevention with their providers
- How CancerIQ is closing the gap for African American and rural patient populations
- What CancerIQ does to help patients adhere to a cancer prevention plan
- How CancerIQ recognizes the emotional journey associated with a cancer diagnosis
- Feyi’s vision to make CancerIQ part of everyone’s preventative care visit and detect cancer in its earliest stages
Connect with Feyi Olopade Ayodele
Connect with Dr. Jessica Shepherd
Feyi Olopade AyodeleCo-Founder & CEO, CancerIQ
You May Also Enjoy