Thursday, Apr 6, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S3 Ep28: Why Obesity Is a Chronic Disease (Not a Failure of Willpower)—featuring Isabelle Kenyon
42% of adults in the US qualify as obese. But there are only a few thousand doctors board-certified in obesity, most of whom work exclusively in academic medical centers.
So, what can we do to address the obesity epidemic in our country? How do we give the 200 million Americans struggling with metabolic health access to the information and support they need?
Isabelle Kenyon is Founder and CEO of Calibrate, a metabolic health company on a mission to change the way the world treats weight.
In two years, Calibrate has raised more than $125 million and published clinically-reviewed results from its One-Year Metabolic Reset that exceeded the best outcomes from clinical trials across all metabolic markers.
On this episode of HLTH Matters, Isabelle joins host Dr. Jessica Shepherd to explain how Calibrate partners medication and lifestyle interventions to promote long-term weight loss.
Isabelle discusses the biggest contributors to sustained success with Calibrate, describing how the program helps members improve their metabolic health.
Listen in for Isabelle’s insight on treating obesity like a chronic disease (not a failure of willpower) and learn how Calibrate tailors its program to your biology, your goals and your life for sustained weight loss—guaranteed.
- How her mom’s struggle with weight inspired Isabelle to build Calibrate
- The 4 pillars of metabolic balance Calibrate uses to instill lifestyle change
- How metabolic health sets us up for long-term, sustained weight loss
- What it looks like to work through the Calibrate program
- Why Calibrate partners medication with lifestyle interventions
- How Isabelle thinks about educating consumers on metabolic health
- Why Calibrate is designed to prove sustained results after medication
- How engagement and community contribute to sustained success with Calibrate
- How Calibrate sets expectations with clients and guarantees results
- Treating obesity like the chronic disease it is vs. a failure of willpower
Connect with Isabelle Kenyon
Connect with Dr. Jessica Shepherd
Isabelle KenyonFounder & CEO, Calibrate Health, Inc.
You May Also Enjoy