Thursday, Mar 2, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S3 Ep19: Patient-First, Personalized Cancer Care—featuring Robin Shah
Robin Shah is an oncology subject matter expert, building a career around startups in the cancer care space.
So, he regularly receives phone calls from people whose friends, family members or colleagues have been diagnosed with cancer and don’t know what to do.
And Robin wondered how he could help people in this way at scale.
How could he support cancer patients who didn’t know someone like him? How could he help them navigate the healthcare system and get access to the right resource at the right time?
Today, Robin serves as Founder and CEO of Thyme Care, a value-based oncology management platform that provides personalized, clinically coordinated care to individuals with cancer.
Thyme Care pairs human guidance with software and analytics to engage members with a cancer diagnosis, quickly connecting them to the right care and providing ongoing support through targeted, evidence-based interventions.
On this episode of HLTH Matters, Robin joins host Dr. Jessica Shepherd to explain how Thyme Care’s tech-enabled team helps cancer patients find the help they need.
Robin discusses his patient-first approach to solving problems in oncology, describing the psychosocial aspect of navigating cancer and why Thyme Care is the first company of its kind to focus on oncology.
Listen in to understand how Thyme Care integrates directly with clinicians in a patient’s region and learn how Robin is improving the patient experience—while reducing the cost of care.
- What’s behind Robin’s passion for building companies in the oncology space
- How Thyme Care helps cancer patients navigate the system and find the help they need
- How Thyme Care gives patients someone to talk to (when physicians can’t)
- Thyme Care’s tech-enabled team that provides the right resource at the right time
- How Thyme Care offers clinical wraparound support today with an eye to eventually deliver care
- How Robin’s team addresses the psychosocial aspect of navigating cancer
- How Robin benefits from having family members who work in the oncology space
- How Thyme Care integrates directly with providers in a patient’s region
- How Thyme Care improves the patient experience while reducing the cost of care
- Why Thyme Care is the first company of its kind to focus on oncology
- The benefit of Robin’s patient-first approach to solving problems in oncology
- How COVID inspired people to be more engaged in their healthcare journey
Connect with Robin Shah
Connect with Dr. Jessica Shepherd
Robin ShahFounder & Chief Executive Officer, Thyme Care
You May Also Enjoy