Thursday, Feb 9, 2023 | 12:00 AM ET
S3 Ep13: How Tracking Your Sleep Can Change Your Life—featuring Tom Hale
The Oura Ring is helping people track their health data now and understand how we can optimize our health in the future.
Tom Hale is the new Chief Executive Officer of ŌURA, the makers of the Oura Ring. With a background in software, Tom became interested in tracking his health and fitness after a health crisis in his own life.
On this episode of HLTH Matters, Tom joins hosts Dr. Jessica Shepherd and Dr. Jordan Shlain to discuss how Oura is helping to educate people about their sleep and their health.
We discuss how the Oura ring can bridge the gap between patients and doctors by providing baseline data to help their healthcare team equip them with faster, more responsive treatments for an improved quality of life.
Listen in as Tom explains how the Oura app is helping people improve their sleep patterns, track their reproductive cycles, and provide better care for their immunocompromised loved ones. Plus, Tom will share his top tips for better sleep.
- How quality sleep impacts every health system in the human body
- How providers can use the metrics from the Oura app to help their patients improve their lives
- How setting your baseline can help your healthcare provider detect future medical conditions
- Why you should set an alarm clock to go to bed instead of to wake up
- Tom walks us through the components and variables that determine your Oura readiness score
- How a continuously worn medical device can help you manage all stages of your life
Connect with Tom Hale
Connect with Dr. Jessica Shepherd, Dr. Guatam Gulati & Dr. Jordan Shlain
[11:26] “It takes 60 to 90 days to form a habit. Habits don't happen just because you want them to happen. They happen because they become ingrained parts of your behavior. So what do you need to get them to be ingrained? First of all, you need to know what to do. You’ve got to have some direction that makes sense for you. Two, you need some feedback that helps you understand if the habit is working because if it’s not working, you know what, you're not going to do it.” [11:57] If you don’t see some kind of impact, or …change, you don't form that habit.”
Tom HaleCEO, ŌURA
You May Also Enjoy