Thursday, Jun 23, 2022 | 12:00 AM ET
S2 Ep9: Powering Smarter Healthcare Decisions—featuring Mark Menton
‘Shopping’ for healthcare is no easy task. Most health plan websites and mobile apps are challenging to navigate, offering search results that are little more than a list of doctors or clinics. But HealthSparq is on a mission to make the process easier, giving people the information they need to find the right practitioner and get the right care at the right time.
Mark Menton is the General Manager of HealthSparq, a technology company that partners with health plans to help members make smarter healthcare decisions. Mark’s team is committed to sharing cost and quality information about doctors, medical services, doctors and medication with its 80 million members across the US. Mark has nearly two decades of experience in member guidance solutions, serving as CEO of ClarusHealth Solutions before its acquisition by HealthSparq in 2014.
On this episode of HLTH Matters, Marcus joins hosts Dr. Gautam Gulati and Dr. Jordan Shlain to discuss HealthSparq’s approach to helping people find a doctor they relate to and humanizing the language of healthcare. Mark reflects on what differentiates healthcare from other consumer experiences, describing how he thinks about personalizing the member experience without violating people’s privacy. Listen in for Mark’s insight on the benefits of delivering the right care at the right time and learn how HealthSparq is working with health plans to drive awareness and utilization of their mobile apps.
- How HealthSparq works with health plans to help members make smarter healthcare decisions
- HealthSparq’s approach to matching people with a doctor they can relate to
- How HealthSparq is humanizing the language of healthcare
- How Mark thinks about personalizing the member experience without violating people’s privacy
- The cost and quality benefit of helping people get the right care at the right time
- What metrics Mark’s team uses to measure their success
- Why HealthSparq physician reviews focus on the quality of the experience and not clinical delivery
- HealthSparq’s work with health plan partners to drive awareness and utilization of their mobile apps
- What differentiates healthcare from other consumer experiences
- How Mark defines health as the ability to live your life and healthcare as a ‘necessary evil’
Connect with Mark Menton
Connect with Dr. Gautam Gulati & Dr. Jordan Shlain
[4:40] “You’re trying to find a doctor that you can trust [and] that you’re comfortable with because you’re going to build a relationship. Our head of design and research has joked for years [that] it's more Match.com than Google.”
You May Also Enjoy