Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 | 12:00 AM ET
S2 Ep10: An App Designed to Empower Cancer Patients—featuring Maya Said
A patient engaged in their own care enjoys better outcomes. But when someone is first diagnosed with cancer, they’re in shock and simply can’t process the information provided by their provider team. And once they’re ready to explore their treatment options, ‘Dr. Google’ overwhelms them with irrelevant and often inaccurate information.
Maya Said is the Founder and CEO of Outcomes4Me, an app designed to empower cancer patients with personalized treatment options, helping them take back control of their care. Outcomes4Me’s AI-powered platform harnesses regulatory-grade, real-world data to generate deeper insights that improve health outcomes. An engineer and scientist by training, Maya spent 15 years in the pharmaceutical industry before building Outcomes4Me in 2017.
On this episode of HLTH Matters, Maya joins hosts Dr. Gautam Gulati, Dr. Jordan Shlain and Patricia Bradley to explain how becoming a patient herself inspired Maya to build the app. She explains how Outcomes4Me builds trust by giving users control of their own data, describing how the app learns about and adapts to user preferences. Listen in to understand how Outcomes4Me cuts through the noise, meets people where they are and delivers scientific, timely information about a user’s treatment options.
- How becoming a patient herself inspired Maya to create Outcomes4Me
- How the Outcomes4Me app gives cancer patients personalized treatment options based on NCCN guidelines
- Who answers user questions on the Outcomes4Me platform
- How Outcomes4Me serves as a partner with the cancer patient’s existing physician
- How Outcomes4Me builds trust by giving users control of their own data
- Outcomes4Me’s collaborations with other organizations, academic institutions and providers
- How Outcomes4Me learns about and adapts to user preferences
- What it means to ‘meet people where they are’ and how Outcomes4Me is working to do that
- How Outcomes4Me accelerates the process of getting medical literature to clinical systems
- How Outcomes4Me offers users clinical trials as a treatment option
Connect with Maya Said
Connect with Dr. Gautam Gulati and Dr. Jordan Shlain
[0:53] “What Outcomes4Me is about is really to help empower cancer patients with personalized treatment options to take back control of their care.”
Maya R. Said, Sc.D.Founder and CEO, Outcomes4Me Inc.
You May Also Enjoy