Wednesday, May 3, 2023 | 2:00 PM ET
Build Faster & Scale: Adopting a modular approach to harmonize healthcare data across systems
How many healthcare organizations are data rich and insight poor? The digitization of healthcare data at the point of care has accelerated since the HITECH Act was passed in 2009, followed by the Cures Act in 2016 to enhance interoperability and prohibit information blocking. Now with the Cures Act mandates coming into effect in 2022 and 2023, this legislation has opened access and created a wealth of data available for applications and analytics. However, extracting value from that wealth requires refinement and enrichment--healthcare data is like ‘crude’ oil which must be refined through multiple steps before it can properly power consumer applications and ultimately outcomes that matter.
So what refinements and enhancements are required in 2023 and beyond? With healthcare startups, application developers and data engineers facing time and resource constraints, how is time best spent? What are the alternatives between DIY and black box monolithic solutions that advertise that they ‘do it all’?
In this live webinar, you will learn:
- The breadth of healthcare data now available for innovative use cases
- How conversion, standardization, and classification is required to prepare raw data for use
- How to navigate the landscape of potential solutions to manage data pipelines, including scalable APIs
- How a modular approach can harmonize healthcare data across systems
- Case examples of improved outcomes in research and analytics, risk adjustment, gaps in care, care management, value-based care and population health, innovative care models and patient / clinician applications
Benjamin BerkClinical Informaticist, CareEvolution
Jeffrey Van LaerePhysician and Clinical Epidemiologist, CareEvolution